State of Ohio Parks for ODNR
Going old-school due to rugged terrain.
Our project team traveled to five state parks around Ohio to support waterline construction of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, including:
- Burr Oak Lodge in Glouster
- Mohican Lodge in Perrysville
- Punderson Manor Resort in Newberry Township
- Shawnee Lodge in West Portsmouth
- Salt Fork Lodge in Cambridge
We performed 46 test borings, field and laboratory soil testing, and a geotechnical engineering evaluation of the data to evaluate the properties of the underlying soils and rock concerning the installation and support of the proposed water lines.
For many boring locations, we had to traverse rugged (although beautiful) terrain, some of which were only accessible by foot, requiring much use of hand auger and housel hammer sampling methods.