Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation
MTE contacted CT to bring a fresh look to the Franklin branch that would be consistent with their brand and image and how they wanted to serve their members.
CT provided programming and planning through construction documents for an innovative design of the member services and engineering departments and the entrances and associated site work.
Design elements included:
- Complete demolition and rebuild of both departments, including the entrance
- Open space concepts in both departments, including use of natural lighting
- Collaborative workspaces, including ergonomic furniture
- New wall, floor, and ceiling treatments, including sound attenuation
- New windows and doors
- New roof
- New MEP systems
- New sidewalks and plaza renovations, including landscaping, lighting, benches, and flagpoles
- Driveway redesign to eliminate chronic drainage issues
A significant challenge was the need to maintain member service operations, including a drive-through capability at all times. CT addressed this challenge by identifying a vendor that supplied temporary facilities to serve MTE’s needs, including the drive-thru, and provided a temporary circulation plan to allow member access to the facility and employee’s vehicle access to parking the operations department.