CT Consultants, Inc. is an innovative, growing, and trusted engineering and architectural consulting firm, which has been providing clients with award winning projects and inspired solutions since 1922. We are currently seeking a Roadway Design Engineer to work on various projects within our Transportation Market. The proven professional will preferably have 5-10 years of experience and desires to be a contributor to the team. Shaping our communities and infrastructure by leveraging their skills and commitment, our employees will experience a fulfilling and enriching professional career through our talent-focused organization.
This position can be based in our Mentor, Columbus, or Cincinnati, OH office locations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Civil Engineering Degree and 5+ years of experience
- PE License
- Heavy ODOT project expertise, pre-qualified as a Roadway Design Engineer with ODOT
- Expertise in the application of civil engineering principles, techniques, procedures, criteria, plans & specifications
- Ability to develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others; assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering designs, evaluation tests, products or equipment, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and be able to explain construction plans to lay person
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Appraisal, acquisition, and relocation is a plus
- Proficient in OpenRoads software
- Proficient in in AutoCAD Civil 3-D drafting software is desirable
- Work in a team setting and contribute to overall profitability of the market
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid engineering/technical conclusions
- Oversee the project design output from other junior level engineers
- Communicate and collaborate with local/county/state/federal officials
- Manage contractor relationships
- Work on a variety of civil projects that range in size, budget and timeline
- Develops in-house plans and reviews designs proposed for all construction
- Signs plans and other engineering documents as registered Professional Engineer
- Recommends designs change orders, reviews complex engineering reports and analyzes bids
- Participate in marketing, sales, and business development activities as assigned
What makes CT Consultants an exceptional place to work? We value our employees. CT supports your professional and personal growth, empowers you to work to your full potential, and leads by our core principles to drive our staff to excellence.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities
Interested candidates should visit our website at www.ctconsultants.com to apply, or mail you resume to the address below:
CT Consultants, Inc.
8150 Sterling Court
Mentor, Ohio 44060